NEWS AND INFORMATION
VOLUME 22, NO. 2
Pillar To Post Home Inspection Packages include even more exclusive and innovative features than ever. These new services deliver speed, ease and convenience, getting you to closings faster, saving you time, and delighting your clients.
Standard with every Home Inspection:
Interactive 360° Visual Inspection Summary
- Brings the inspection report to life
- Includes every room and the exterior
- Accessible any time
Powered by PunchList
Cost estimate for Inspection Summary items
- Learn what recommended repairs will cost
- Estimate based on local costs
- Request an estimate with just a click
Also included with Premium and Prestige Packages:
An accurate floor plan of the entire home
- Use to determine furniture fit and placement
- Share dimensions with contractors for estimating
Powered by Centriq
The digital owner's manual for the home
- Download user manuals/warranty information
- Find safety recalls on appliances
- Indicated age and useful remaining life of systems
*Where available. Not all services are offered by every office. Each office is independently owned and operated.
Here’s what our homebuyers are saying about
The Ultimate Home InspectionSM
Technology coupled with deep knowledge allows us to provide an exceptional home inspection with unique and innovative features, all delivered within a seamless brand experience. This experience, and the people who deliver it, has made Pillar To Post North America’s largest home inspection company.
“Quick response time. A very thorough inspection with photos, a binder and explanations of each issue. The PTP360 video walk through is amazing! I love that we have everything we need to make improvements and keep accurate updates of our home moving forward. A+.”
“As a new homeowner, I now have confidence in my home and the tools to keep it in great shape for the future. Our inspector was kind, professional, and explained everything to me in a way I could understand. He was patient and helpful with all my questions.”
“We were able to request a no-cost third-party estimate for recommended repairs called out in our report. I don’t know of any other inspection company offering anything like PTPEstimates.*”
“Very thorough. Explained all findings. Really liked the thermal imaging, PTPFloorPlan, and interactive Visual Summary. Would recommend to others looking to have a thorough inspection.”
“Pillar To Post is the most thorough and engaging inspection experience we have had. The 3D record will help us plan to move in, and the appliance records in our PTPHomeManual will last us long after the closing.”
“Pillar To Post was extremely thorough in their inspection and provided quality, easy-to-understand feedback, which I greatly appreciated as a first time home buyer. PTP360, the detailed PTPFloorPlan and list of repairs were extremely useful as we prepared to move in. I highly recommend using their services.”
“Our inspector was amazing. He was very thorough throughout the entire process and so communicative. The PTPFloorPlan and PTPHomeManual are useful and awesome!”
Top Tips to Get Your Grill On!
There’s nothing better than cooking out on perfect summer day. Before you fire up the grill, review our top 6 safety tips:
1. Make sure the grill is on a stable surface and can’t be tipped over. If it has locking casters, check to see that they’re engaged.
2. Never use a grill under an overhang, porch, carport or deck, in a garage or indoors.
3. Keep young children and pets away from the grill during and after cooking. Charcoal grills in particular can remain very hot for a long time.
4. Periodically check hoses and connections on gas grills throughout the season. Replace cracked or brittle hoses immediately. Propane tanks must never be stored in a garage or other structure at any time.
5. Use a charcoal chimney starter instead of lighter fluid to get the coals going. Not only is a chimney starter safer, but your meal will taste better! If you use fluid, never add it to coals once the fire has been lit.
6. Help prevent grease fires by removing accumulated grease and residue from inside the grill lid every 5-6 uses. Keep baking soda nearby to extinguish a grease fire within the grill unit.
AROUND THE HOUSE
Right Tree, Right Place
“Location, location, location” doesn’t only apply to real estate. Locating trees in the right spot on your property can make your yard more pleasant and prevent headaches down the road.
• A common problem is trees that grow too large for their location. To avoid this, research how tall and wide a particular tree will be at maturity. That lovely sapling at the nursery could grow up to be a giant you don’t have space for.
• Don’t plant trees too close to the house. At full size it may damage the roof, gutters or the structure itself and need to be cut back or removed.
• If a tree you’re considering is deciduous (loses its leaves each fall) will the winter sun cause nearby rooms to be too bright?
• Trees with aggressive and/or shallow root systems shouldn’t be planted near the house, pavement or other surfaces as they can eventually cause serious damage to walkways, the driveway or the foundation.r best production.
There are so many wonderful trees available – and by doing some homework you’re sure to make a great choice!